Friday, September 4, 2015

Keeping a Gratitude Journal

Expressing Gratitude - Start Now



One of the ways to stay focused on the habit of expressing gratitude is by writing in a gratitude journal.

The benefits:
  • Being grateful for what you have right now opens a window for more blessings to enter into your life.
  • When you write down what you are grateful for, it puts things in an entirely new perspective.
  • You start to realize how abundant your life is right now at this very moment.
Keeping a gratitude journal keeps you focused on all that is good in your life and subconsciously you begin to expect more good things. It can be a simple notebook or a decorative journal. Your journal is very personal and should reflect who you are. Don't worry about writing the wrong thing or any spelling errors. Let your thoughts flow and write whatever first comes to mind. If you experience writer's block, start by writing..."I am so happy and grateful for..." Start out with a list of at least 10 things you're grateful for. Try this out for 30 days and your awareness for prosperity and abundance in your life will greatly increase.

I met a beautiful, vibrant woman recently who weighed 88 pounds, in a wheelchair given a week to live. That was 20 years ago! She met Dr. Bernie Siegel, who taught her to keep a gratitude journal. She said the first day she could only find one thing of the five he suggested she list. So repeated "I am grateful for the ray of sun through the clouds" five times. She said by day 30 she had over 130 things on her list. She is a traditional health person, as is Bernie Siegel, and she teaches all her patients the power of keeping a gratitude journal.

YOU University Coaching/Life Coach Training and Life Coaching

8 comments:

  1. Hi Just found you on Twitter and came to this sight. I love the idea of keeping a gratitude journal so I'm starting one today,
    Thanks from the bottom of my heart Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I am happy and grateful for this blog entry.
    2. I am happy and grateful that I have all the time I need to get my writing done.
    3. I am happy and grateful that I just moved to a new, larger apartment in the middle of a beautiful neighborhood.
    4. I am happy and grateful that I have been able to survive for many months without full-time employment.
    5. I am happy and grateful that I am on the verge of a very successful career.
    6. I am happy and grateful that I have many people to love and be loved by.
    7. I am happy and grateful to live in this country where we have exciting political debates but no one actually kills each other over differences of opinion.
    8. I am happy and grateful that I know how to cook yummy food.
    9. I am happy and grateful that my life is a surprise to me.
    10. I am happy and grateful for my ability to type fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Thank you for your well thought out description of the benefits of gratitude journals. I recommend them to my clients all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. allaboutlifecoachingAugust 11, 2010 at 1:59 PM

    How perfect to read this as I am finishing Building 9. I love this exercise and I will make sure I continue this for 30 days. Thank you for this new tool, Maia.
    Love,
    Coach Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my very favorite topics for sure Maia! This is a wonderful reminder and lovely story. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello there and thank you for your information – I've definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this website, as I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.