Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Secret Need of Modern Women- An Insight for Living

An Insight for Living


nurtureGot anybody's attention yet? You know who you are. You love what you do. You can't wait to....coach, see therapy patients, work on your website, write in your blog, go on Facebook, create a new class, write a new e-book, etc.

You have working relationships with family, friends, partners, etc. You exercise several times a week and eat healthy. You have everything you ever wanted. So all your needs are satisfied, right?
  • Then why do you feel a little bored?
  • Why can't you quite find the juice to express gratitude in a feeling way for all that you have?
  • Why do you feel a little resentful of your loving partner when he/she is around and hasn't done anything untoward?
The Secret:
YOU DON'T HAVE ANY ALONE TIME WHERE ALL YOU DO IS NURTURE YOURSELF. This is truly an insight for living.

No work. No giving - except to yourself. No supporting - except yourself. And, most important, no self-judgment about how much time you are wasting and could be doing something else because "I'm happy and lucky", right?

It's supposed to be an OLD story that women are only nurturers. Many fought for equal rights. Most of us observe that men watch sports or play sports or have a hobby with no guilt - just enjoyment. That is a man's insight for living. Well, that's one of our rights also.

What day are you going to take for yourself? Or, what hour? And what are you going to do that is just for you?

3 comments:

  1. Maia,
    Great post, as always. This one makes me smile. This is my message. I spend my days helping women realise that it's OK to nurture themselves.
    Love and many thanks
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through Twitter. Your post is so true. My kids are old enough now where I can start to enjoy some time to myself without having to do something for someone. So I go to the healthclub and exercise. It is like a spa to me! I treasure it.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fitting and how true!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.