Wednesday, September 2, 2015

On The Phone- How Does Life Coaching Work?

I Don't Have an Office

read energy
How does life coaching work over the phone? 100% of the life coaching I do is over the telephone. I live in California and coach people in N.J., Florida, N.Y., Nevada. I even have clients who live in England and Scotland. Since long distance is so inexpensive these days, it's easy. It also means the coach does not have to have an office. She just has to have a phone and a place to sit down - at minimum. She can have (and most do) a good headset and a nice, non-distracting setting in which to sit.

But you might wonder if it is most effective for the client and I will wholeheartedly answer, YES!

I have the ability to read energy. A quote from Gia Combs-Ramirez who says,

Reading energy is our ability to perceive vibrations in our surrounding environment and interpret them correctly. The human body has many mechanisms for doing this, most notably the energy field that surrounds us.
I could have probably quoted some science to prove my point but you can prove it yourself. How do you know someone is angry with you when they smile and say nothing? Or, how do you know when a baby is satisfied when they can't talk?

Start noticing if this is a gift you have developed. I think I developed this gift as a child because I was very afraid of my mother and was always energetically checking in to see how she was feeling so I'd be prepared for her emotional onslaughts. I used to just be hyper-vigilant. Now I live a happy, peaceful life and so I have honed this skill and use it to communicate with my clients and feel what's going on with them.

So that's why I find phone coaching so effective. It allows me to totally tune into my clients with no visual cues to get in my way.

And if I'm not sure, I don't just presume. I ask. So then I am modeling good communication skills which is one of the areas most clients want to improve.

So how does life coaching work over the phone? Very well!

5 comments:

  1. Maia,
    I agree and have witness to both sides: being coached and some coaching. It is an amazing "aha moment" when the client (many times myself) hears, "what just happened there, your voice and mood just shifted?" It is something that doesn't often happen in a normal communication and by the coach pointing it out it makes one think about what just naturally came through in conversation, how the topic hit deep within, and an indication that there is more to explore on the topic. It is very fascinating to me, even spiritual in the sense that the spirit seems to urge you to face something the ego won't ordinarily let you look at closely. A good coach can intuitively hear that and knows what to do with it. Along with that, the phone seems sometimes a safer place for certain people. Good topic. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the phone works! I was skeptical at first, but after visiting with her, I actually felt the tingling all over me. It did make a difference in the block that I was trying to eliminate. Since we are all part of a mass consciousness which is basically energy, it's easy to see how a coach who is super sensitive can tap into your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Maia - the clients call you, is that it? I'm imagining the size of my phone bill if it's the other way around... because I'll be a life coach soon, mark my words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phone coaching works!

    If you are paying attention to the client (as you obviously do!), their feelings and mood come through by voice and language - or even when they aren't talking.

    A good coach like Maia will tune into these nuances, and before you know it - phone magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also skeptical about it, but I have to admit that when I had my coaching sessions on the phone or even skype, my coach if fully attentive to me, there less distractions and we are more in tune with each other...funny enough face to face coaching sometimes is contra productive, specially if it happens in public spaces...but I still love the face to face contact!;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.